12.7.10

Thank you PD James

Dear Pd James, I don't know how to write a short letter to you, but I'll try to find a mail address of you publisher so that, maybe, they will deliver it to you. Right now, in the middle of a morning that should have been full of phone calls and usual job, i finished reading your Unnatural causes. I think you wrote it in the sixties, but you could write it tomorrow. Your ability to write detective stories that are not only detective stories makes me think I will never be able to write something that's half the value, but I'll try. I have to. I have another problem, reading your books is so thrilling and easy that compared to writing, you know, it's not easy beginning. Thank you so much for your books, I would like to invite you for a tea at my place with my wife Lucilla and my daughter Penelope, but I think it will be really hard. But you know, sometimes I think that for us fiction is important as life. Sometimes I think that for certain people, emotion flows through the lines and I think you can feel what me and a million readers want to tell you, Thank you and excuse me for my english, my italian is less unbearable.

Lorenzo Tiezzi www.lorenzotiezzi.it